Is there any charge to consult or investigate my case?
What do I get if I allow D&M to investigate my case?
- An answer as to what happened; why it happened; and whether or not the bad outcome was preventable.
How long do I have to make a claim?
- Claims for a child have until the child's 19th birthday; adults have 1 year from the date of the malpractice or discovery of that malpractice, whichever is later; and wrongful death cases have 1 year from the date of the malpractice for the conscious pain and the suffering of the deceased and 2 years from the date of death for the wrongful death claim.
How does D&M decide if I have a case?
- We talk to you to obtain the basis of the claim; collect, organize, and review the medical records involving the claim to determine the validity of the claim; and consult experts in the field if necessary to determine the validity of your claim.
Will I have to pay any fees or expenses if we lose?
- No. If D&M decides they believe you have a valid claim we will forward the expenses necessary to prosecute your claim and expend the time necessary to aggressively prosecute your claim. You are only responsible for reimbursement of expenses and payment of fees upon the successful resolution of your claim. The only time you may be asked for expenses is if D&M determines that the case no longer warrants continued prosecution and you disagree with that decision. To date, no D&M client has ever expended their own money in prosecution of their claim.
What are the fees and expenses?
- D&M charges 40% of any monies received in fees and reimbursement of expenses upon the successful resolution of your claim
Do I have to pay taxes on any monies I receive?
- As a general statement, NO. There are limited exceptions, but for the most part, any monies received by you in payment for personal injury or wrongful death are TAX FREE.