Newborns are particularly susceptible to infection. Their new immune systems aren't adequately developed to fight the bacteria, viruses, and parasites.
Causes of Infection
- Some infections can be passed from mother to baby at birth
- Group B Strep (GBS) is a common infection for a pregnant mother. With this infection, it is critical for a doctor to give the mother the proper antibiotics at the proper time to avoid passing this infection to your baby.
- Herpes can become systemic in a mom during pregnancy and infect both mother and baby. A doctor should have a low threshold for symptoms and prompt treatment can be critical to save the life of both mother and baby.
- Some infections are hospital aquired
D&M can finance and prosecute your case
- If D&M believes the infection was preventable, we will finance and prosecute your case with no cost to you unless there is a successful outcome